Interactive and fun-filled day will provide fathers and sons with information and hands-on practical advice for achieving a life of excellence.
By: Malissa Carroll
Thursday, August 18, 2016
About the Event:
Join the PATIENTS Program at the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy for Me & Pops, an event designed to encourage the male children in our communities -- and the influential men in their lives -- to strive for excellence by defining health, wellness, and success from a holistic approach, starting at home.
Date: Saturday, Sept. 24, 2016
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Location: URec Fit Center
University of Maryland, Baltimore
621 W. Lombard Street, Fourth Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201
Activities and Information Sessions:
Fathers and sons will attend an interactive and fun-filled day with great information and hands-on practical advice for achieving a life of excellence. Topics will include:
- Key for Success
- Setting Goals
- Listening and Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Spiritual Foundations
- Servant Leadership
- Integrity in Everyday Life
Additional activities will include:
- Basketball drills led by international professional basketball player Rodney Elliott
- "Planning Your Vision" workshop
- Marshall arts and yoga exercises
- Free breakfast and lunch
Speakers for the event will include:
- Rod Stokes, Chief Executive Officer, The Regeneration Project
- Crystal Berger, Author, Motivational Speaker, Host/Producer/Writer for the FOX News Channel and FOX News Radio in New York
- Pastor Franklin Lance, Senior Pastor, Mount Lebanon Baptist Church
- Geden Franck, MD, Medical Resident, General and Sports Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Byron Desbordes, DDS, University of Maryland Baltimore DDS Clinical Instructor
Who Should Attend?
Attendees must be ages 11-18, and accompanied by a father, grandfather, uncle, or male caregiver who is at least 25 years old.
How to Register:
Space is limited and advanced registration is required. To register online, please complete this form.
For more information about this event, please contact Dr. Jasel Martin at (410) 706-0897 or email@example.com.